History of Bunyan Meeting

History of Bunyan Meeting

This historic church was formed in 1650. John Bunyan was to be the minister following his release from prison in 1672. He remained until his death in 1688. The present building was erected in 1849.

Scenes from The Pilgrim’s Progress are depicted on the magnificent entrance doors and in some of the finest samples of 20th and 21st Century stained glass windows. This beautiful building, steeped in Christian history, is today a living centre of Christian worship and service to the community.

Bunyan Meeting is a member of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and of the Congregational Federation. The congregation is drawn from many denominational backgrounds and is ecumenical in outlook.

More historical information is available at the Bedfordshire Libraries website; which can be accessed here.